Tarangire National Park Daytrip - Daytrip Tour
- Duration 1 day
- No Of People From 1 person
Tarangire National Park - Daytrip Tour
There’s something very special about Tarangire National Park. It’s one of Tanzania’s smaller (dare we say boutique?) parks but don’t let its size fool you. Tarangire National Park is crammed full of a spectacular diversity of awe-inspiring landscapes, big skies and, yes, you’ll see an amazing range of wildlife. But those in the know go to take in the elephants. Tarangire is renowned for its vibrant population of African bush elephants and our Elephant Spectacular Day Safari will bring you up close and personal to these magnificent animals. It’s a great taster safari, too; if you’re new to Tanzania, this day trip is great training for longer safaris.
Tarangire Day Trip is a wonderful opportunity to explore Tarangire National Park, a wildlife sanctuary located in northern Tanzania. This day trip allows you to experience the park's diverse wildlife, stunning landscapes, and natural beauty all within a single day.
Duration: The Tarangire Day Trip is typically a one-day excursion, making it suitable for travelers who have limited time but still want to enjoy a safari experience in Tanzania.
Location: Tarangire National Park is situated in the Manyara Region of northern Tanzania, not far from Arusha and other popular safari destinations.
Here are the Key highlights
- Game Drive: Your day trip usually begins with a game drive in Tarangire National Park. The park is known for its high concentration of wildlife, including large herds of elephants, giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, lions, leopards, and numerous bird species. It's a fantastic location for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers.
- Baobab Trees: Tarangire National Park is famous for its iconic baobab trees. These ancient, towering trees are scattered throughout the park and provide unique photo opportunities.
- Tarangire River: The Tarangire River is a lifeline for the park's wildlife, and it attracts a wide variety of animals. Keep an eye out for animals congregating around the riverbanks, especially during the dry season.
- Scenic Landscapes: The park features a range of landscapes, including grassy savannahs, woodlands, riverine areas, and swamps. The diverse terrain adds to the park's allure.
- Picnic Lunch: Your day trip typically includes a picnic lunch, allowing you to savor a meal amidst the natural surroundings.
- Birdwatching: Tarangire National Park is a haven for birdwatchers, with hundreds of bird species to observe, including raptors, waterbirds, and more.
- Cultural Interaction: Depending on the tour, you may have the opportunity to engage with local communities or learn about the cultural significance of the area.
Tarangire Day Trip offers a taste of Tanzania's incredible wildlife and natural beauty, and it's an ideal option for travelers with limited time who want to experience a safari adventure. The park's remarkable wildlife and landscapes make it a rewarding destination for a day trip.
Tarangire National Park
We’ll depart from Moshi early in the morning and drives traight to the Tarangire National Park. The park’s landscape is awe-inspiring; dotted with colossal termite mounds (some now the homes of Mr and Mrs Mongoose and all the little mongoose) and ancient baobab trees, as well as golden savannah. The park has a year-round water supply and that’s why it’s so rich in wildlife. Bird lovers won’t be disappointed. The park hosts over 550 species of bird, including the world’s largest, the Maasai ostrich.
You’ll have a great view from the open roof of your sturdy 4x4, so get your camera ready for giraffe, warthog, impala, cheetah, mongoose, buffalo, and baboons. Look up at tree-level to spot one of the famous climbing leopards of Tarangire, and look closer – is that a python?
But don’t forget those elephants! You’ll spot herds of elephants of all ages; bachelor herds or herds of females - babies, teenagers, young mums and older mums all led by a matriarch. You might spot a majestic bull elephant, too, who travel alone.
After a stop for a tasty lunch somewhere picturesque and, of course, safe (we don’t want you to BE lunch), you’ll spend the afternoon back in the 4x4, drinking in all the sights and sounds of this perfect little park.
We’ll drive you home to Moshi to arrive in the cool of the evening.
|No of Clients
|Price Per Person
|2 - 3 Clients
|4 - 6 Clients