Materuni Waterfalls and Coffee Tour - Daytrip Tour
- Duration 1 day
- No Of People From 1 person
Materuni Waterfalls and Coffee Tour - Daytrip Tour
Nestled in the patchwork foothills of magnificent Kilimanjaro lies the beautiful village of Materuni, home to our Chagga friends and famous for its aromatic, rich coffee.
Materuni is one of the few villages of wonder in Northern Tanzania sitting at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. The village is blessed with full of all the beauty worth much visiting for holiday, week-end outing or vacation. While in the village, scenic view of Moshi Town and Mount Kilimanjaro is astonishing. This green village with fresh air from green vegetation’s welcomes visitors to explore the beauty of the land and cultural heritage of the Chagga people.
This very impressive Waterfall is one of the tallest in the area, spewing crystal clear glacier water 70m into its basin. The beautiful path leading to Materuni Waterfall is located 2500m above sea level It crosses valleys and hills covered by tropical rainforest, past coffee, banana and avocado “shambas”, the Kiswahili word for farms.,
On a clear day great views of Kibo and Moshi town can be seen. The hike to the base of the Waterfall can be demanding and hiking boots are recommended.
The Materuni Day Trip and Coffee Tour is a delightful experience in Tanzania that allows you to explore the picturesque Materuni Village and learn about the coffee-making process
Duration: Typically, the Materuni Day Trip and Coffee Tour is a one-day excursion.
Location: Materuni Village is situated near Moshi, in the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania.
Highlights: This tour offers a blend of cultural exploration and the chance to immerse yourself in the art of coffee-making. It's a perfect opportunity to connect with local communities and enjoy the stunning natural beauty of the area.
Here are the Key highlights
- Materuni Village: The tour begins with a visit to Materuni Village. Here, you can engage with the local Chagga people and experience their warm hospitality. You'll have the chance to learn about their traditional ways of life, including farming practices, food preparation, and local customs.
- Coffee Farm Visit: Materuni is renowned for its coffee farms. You'll have the opportunity to explore a local coffee plantation, witnessing the entire coffee-making process. This includes a detailed explanation of coffee cultivation, harvesting, roasting, and brewing. You'll even get to pick coffee beans and roast them to make your own cup of fresh coffee.
- Waterfall Excursion: The tour often includes a visit to the stunning Materuni Waterfall, surrounded by lush greenery. You can take a refreshing dip in the cool mountain waters or simply enjoy the serene natural surroundings.
- Cultural Interaction: Engage in cultural exchanges with the local people. Learn about their daily lives, traditions, and perhaps even join in a dance or song performance.
- Scenic Beauty: The Materuni area is known for its beautiful landscapes. Enjoy panoramic views of the Kilimanjaro foothills and take in the peaceful, natural beauty that the region offers.
- Lunch: Typically, the tour includes a delicious local lunch prepared by your hosts in the village. Savor traditional Chagga cuisine and indulge in local flavors.
The Materuni Day Trip and Coffee Tour is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Tanzanian culture and explore the beauty of the Kilimanjaro region. It's a fantastic way to connect with local communities, learn about the art of coffee-making, and enjoy the scenic splendor of Materuni Village.
Start your mini-adventure with theshort but fascinating drive from Moshi up the lush slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro to the village of Materuni, approximately 1,800 m above sea level. This is market garden territory and has the perfect mixture of climate and soil to produce some of the best coffee in Africa.
You’ll visit a coffee farm and learn about how coffee is grown, harvested and processed, and you’ll try your hand at roasting and preparing a fresh cup of coffee the Chagga way. After a delightful coffee break (so much better than the ones at work!) you’ll take a beautiful 45-minute hike through the hills and valleys en route to the Materuni Falls.
You’ll pass through banana and coffee plantations, up and down mini-valleys, across ridges and through narrow splashing rivulets. Along the way your guide will teach you about local plants and how they are used for food and traditional medicine, as well as giving you more insight into the local Chagga culture. It’s your chance to ask questions about a lifestyle that’s probably very different from your own! You’ll hear the Falls before you see them, and once they come into view, you might be lucky enough to see a rainbow sheen as the splashing waters split the sunlight. The Falls are hidden away in a pristine valley with cliffs towering to 200ft overhead. The mountain waters falls straight down in a shimmering curtain to splash in the rippling pool where you can float, take a swimand chill out – literally, as these are pure mountain waters and not yet heated by the sun.
|No of Clients
|Price Per Person
|2 - 3 Clients
|4 - 6 Clients